usd-2019-0065 | Control-M/Agent
Advisory ID: usd-2019-0065
CVE Number: CVE-2019-19219
Affected Product: Control-M/Agent
Affected Version: 7.0.00.000
Vulnerability Type: Arbitrary File Download
Security Risk: High (conditional)*
Vendor URL: https://www.bmcsoftware.de/
Vendor Status: Fixed (according to vendor)
* We do not consider the vulnerability to be of critical severity as the vendor explicitly recommends to use TLS and the attacks only work when TLS is disabled. Nevertheless, as we encountered real-life configurations without TLS, we would like to highlight the increased criticality in case of a customer misconfiguration.
An Arbitrary File Download vulnerability was found in the communication between Control-M/Agent and Control-M/Server when using the TCP protocol and handling output with an unsupported action.
Filter and validate user supplied data.
- 2019-10-29 Initial contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2019-10-29 Submit additional findings to email@example.com
- 2019-12-17 Agreement on Coordinated Disclosure: Vendor schedules fix for 10th February 2020
- 2020-03-26 Vendor agrees to disclose advisories
- 2020-04-29 Security advisory released
This security vulnerability was found by Tobias Neitzel of usd AG.