usd-2020-0033 | Gambio GX 220.127.116.11
Advisory ID: usd-2020-0033
CVE Number: CVE-2020-10982
Affected Product: Gambio GX
Affected Version: 18.104.22.168
Vulnerability Type: Blind SQL Injection
Security Risk: Medium
Vendor URL: https://www.gambio.de/
Vendor Status: Fixed in 22.214.171.124 (according to vendor)
The web shop application „Gambio GX“ contains a blind SQL injection vulnerability in the admin area. The vulnerability allows an authenticated attacker with administrative privileges to leak database contents.
Proof of Concept (PoC)
The application gambio has a blind SQL injection vulnerability in the admin area. The file admin/gv_mail.php between line 361 and 365 contains the vulnerable code. The GET argument cID is passed to the application and is concatenated with the SQL query. An attacker could exploit this to manipulate the database query.
The following request can be send to the web application. This request would cause the server to respond only after 15 seconds:
Most instances of SQL injection can be prevented by using parameterized queries (also known as prepared statements) instead of string concatenation within the query.
- 2020-03-25 Vulnerability Discovered
- 2020-03-26 Initial Contact Request
- 2020-03-26 Advisory submitted to vendor
- 2020-05-04 Vendor publishes fix in Beta Version of Gambio GX 126.96.36.199 Beta1 https://tracker.gambio-server.net/issues/66736
- 2020-05 Vendor publishes 188.8.131.52 https://developers.gambio.de/changelog/#bugfix184.108.40.206
- 2020-06-18 Security advisory released
This security vulnerability was found by Gerbert Roitburd of usd AG.